- This event has passed.
Innovation X Roundtable – 5G, EDGE and AI powering the smart cities of the future
September 16, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
5G will enable ultra-fast bandwidth, ultra-low latency and massive IoT. Together with Edge Computing, 5G will enable real fast processing and AI workloads at the edge unlocking a plethora of new applications that require advanced analytics for real time decision-making.
One of the areas where the power of these three technologies can transform and accelerate adoption is in Smart Cities. Covid-19 has clearly showcased the pivotal role that technology can plays in our lives, also representing an opportunity to rethink our cities as the world adjust to the new normal. Additionally, as more people becoming aware of the realities of climate change, future cities are likely to be set up very differently when it comes to both energy and transport, and upgrading traditional services that today are not smart. The trifecta of these technologies (5G, Edge & AI) can help us to save money and resources and create more sustainable cities for our citizen, however substantial challenges will need to be addressed before this vision truly materialise.
- Laxmi Akkaraju, SVP Strategy, Cognite (moderator)
- Soma Velayutham, Industry General Manager-AI & Accelerated Computing, Telecom, @ Nvidia
- Andrew Herson, Head of Technology and Solution Development @ Verizon
- Hazem Galal, Partner at Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Jordan Sun, Chief Innovation Officer City of San Jose
- Lyle Bertz, Director of Advanced Technologies @ T-Mobile